Tuesday, 15 October 2013 11:16
Getting Russian Citizenship
We can help you get Russian citizenship, but it is important and necessary to understand that the process of getting Russian citizenship is a difficult and long process. Consulting specialists and other difficult processes are important in receiving Russian citizenship, so not everyone who wishes to receive Russian citizenship can get it (depending on the circumstances.) Please check the information below before contacting us. If you do not have the required information and documents, we may not be able to help you with this process. If you believe you have sufficient information and a good chance of receiving Russian citizenship, e-mail us at
or contact Saint-Petersburg Guide on facebook.
What is necessary to know about the process of receiving Russian citizenship:
At first it is necessary to apply for temporary residence permit and permanent residency in the Russian Federation.
- You can apply for temporary residence permit, permanent residency and Russian citizenship while in Russia on any visa other than a tourist visa.
- The main thing that can help to obtain Russian citizenship for a foreigner is the presence of close relatives who have Russian citizenship. Such as: father, mother, wife, or children. Grandparents do not help in this case.
- To get Russian citizenship upon marriage with a Russian citizen, then your marriage must be not less than 3 years.
РВП (Разрешение на временное проживание) - temporary residence permit:
- Acquisition of Russian citizenship usually begins with obtaining a temporary residence permit (Russian acronym: РВП). This permit is issued for a period of 3 years. It is issued in the form of a "registration stamp" in the passport of the foreigner. A foreigner who has received РВП has the right after 12 months, to start the procedure of a permanent residency.
- If you are at the time of registration for РВП, already married for more than 3 years, you have the right to request permanent residency or Russian citizenship, the very next day after РВП.
What does РВП give you?
- The ability to enter and leave Russia an unlimited number of times without registering departure / arrival at the place of registration. This is because you are already registered for a period of 3 years.
- Use of insurance - free medical help. This can be at the local clinic where you got the РВП. Unless, of course you are happy with the level of service in any clinic.
- Having a "work permit " which is a plastic card - you do not get on Migration records.
- After 12 months, you can request the permanent residency if in the 12 months you have not violated Russian law.
- All of these benefits, you can get only in the region where you received the РВП. This is very important to know.
- There is a risk that your РВП will not be extended.
ВНЖ (Вид на Жительство) - Permanent Residency
- The permanent residency (Russian acronym: ВНЖ) is issued as a separate document. This document is good for a period of 5 years. After 5 years, the alien has the right to initiate the procedure for obtaining Russian citizenship. Or renew the ВНЖ for 5 more years.
- The main obstacle is the time. To get this permit you must have an apartment or some kind of property in the city or town. For this, you must have full or shared ownership of this property
What does Permanent Residency (ВНЖ) give you?
- The ability to enter and leave the Russian Federation an unlimited number of times without registering at departure or arrival in Russia.
- Use of insurance - free medical help. This can be at the local clinic where you got the permit. Unless, of course you are happy with the level of service in any clinic.
- A work permit is not needed. You can work in the area where you received the ВНЖ, without any restrictions by the Federal Migration Service.
- After living for 5 years in Russia on this residence permit, you can finally apply for Russian citizenship! All of these benefits, you can get only in the region where you received the permit. This is very important to know.
- This ВНЖ is valid 5 years. Do not forget to renew it on time, or get Russian citizenship at the time of expiry of the ВНЖ or renew the ВНЖ for the next 5 years. If you do not do this then all your efforts will be in vain and you have to start all over again.
Visa Invitation Letter Types: